MFA/CD Degree Requirements
The Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degree with a major in Communication Design requires 60 semester credit hours. In addition to the following required credit hours, the degree requires a Mid-Program Portfolio Review, Written Thesis, and Comprehensive Exam.
- 30 credit hours (10 courses) of communication design studio electives
- 12 credit hours (4 courses) of communication design history
- ARTC 5340, 5341, 5342, and 5343
- 6 credit hours (2 courses) of professional practice
- ARTC 5370
- 6 credit hours of graduate-level courses from any discipline
- It is encouraged to explore courses outside of the Communication Design area that may enrich your thesis research.
- 6 credit hours of thesis research
- ARTC 5399A and 5399B
- Mid-Program Review
- Written Thesis
- Comprehensive Exam (Thesis Defense)