About the Graduate Assistantship Program
The MFA Communication Design program offers a limited number of Graduate Assistant positions to qualified students. Graduate Assistants are paid a stipend and provided office space with the latest technology. In addition, students who would normally be charged out-of-state tuition rates are eligible for in-state rates.
Most of the MFA Graduate Assistants assist the School of Art and Design’s Undergraduate Communication Design Program by becoming “teacher of record” for two classes in the fall and spring semesters. This experience is invaluable for graduate students who wish to consider a career in academia.
Criteria for Graduate Assistants
- Unconditional acceptance to the MFA Communication Design program
- Full-time enrollment (9-hours of graduate coursework for each long semester)
- Must be in good academic standing (no probation or suspension)
- Must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- If a newly-hired international student: must have approval from the International Office to work as a graduate/doctoral assistant
- Completion of Graduate Assistant Application