The mission of the College of Fine Arts and Communication involves impacting society and helping individuals fulfill their potential with continued excellence.
Our college is the premiere destination for Fine Arts and Communication.
Our College is comprised of:
The School of Art and Design, the Department Communication Studies, the Division of Dance, the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, the School of Music, and the Department of Theatre and Dance.
5 Academic Units
6,489 College of Fine Arts and Communication Students
Dean John Fleming
College by the Numbers:
1,258 Degrees Awarded
82.8% Retention Rate
62% Female Students
38% Male Students
11% African American
- Our goal is to give our students hands on learning guided by Faculty with professional experiences in their chosen field.
- Faculty are active Artists, Scholars, and Practitioners who are dedicated to student success.
- Our community will help open doors as students take this first step into their career.
- Students will apply what they learn in the classroom to non-curricular activities that will enhance their resume and portfolio.
- By graduation, students will be prepared to join the ever increasing number of Alumni who are leaders in Fine Arts and Communication.