The mission of the College of Fine Arts and Communication involves impacting society and helping individuals fulfill their potential with continued excellence.
Our college is the premiere destination for Fine Arts and Communication.
Our College is comprised of:
The School of Art and Design, the Department Communication Studies, the Division of Dance, the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, the School of Music, and the Department of Theatre and Dance.
5 Academic Units
6,230 College of Fine Arts and Communication Students
Dean John Fleming
Dr. Fleming earned his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin. Now Dean of our College, he is passionate about the success of our students.
College by the Numbers:
1,235 Degrees Awarded
87% Retention Rate
63% Female Students
37% Male Students
11.2% African American
- Our goal is to give our students hands on learning guided by Faculty with professional experiences in their chosen field.
- Faculty are active Artists, Scholars, and Practitioners who are dedicated to student success.
- Our community will help open doors as students take this first step into their career.
- Students will apply what they learn in the classroom to non-curricular activities that will enhance their resume and portfolio.
- By graduation, students will be prepared to join the ever increasing number of Alumni who are leaders in Fine Arts and Communication.
2022 College Report
For more information on our college, please read our 2022 College Report.